Your cholesterol level is too high? You can still eat and not
Butter and the egg were regarded for decades as the worst cholesterol bombs and the largest risks for a heart attack. And today? Everything half as wild, say doctors. Nevertheless, it is worthwhile to pay attention to the fats in the blood – and vessel-friendly diet.
- Many physicians doubt that cholesterol is something about the heart attack risk statements.
- Cholesterol deposits in the blood vessels endanger the heart.
- On the diet any effect on the blood can take away fats that can lead to hardening of the arteries.
Deposits in the blood vessels diseases are a large risk for coronary heart, particularly for a heart attack. For a long time was made for the life-threatening blockage due to cholesterol and Triglycerides, especially an unhealthy lifestyle with a high-fat diet. Cholesterol-lowering drugs (statins) and the absence of eggs and Butter were considered as the gold standard, the blood-fat levels reduce to a default value. Best offer on BestCheck.de
Today it is known:
- Cholesterol values vary and depend much more of the disposition than of the diet.
- The largest part of the cholesterol in the body this provides. He is the fat takes a similar substance for the structure of cells, or as a backbone for hormones.
- Only when the fat metabolism is disturbed, a deposited cholesterol in the artery walls. The diet can promote the disorder.
- Eggs are cholesterol-rich, but not the guilty of an inflated cholesterol levels. Dietary fats play a much more important role.
The eating behavior remains – in addition to sufficient physical activity – the most important factor that can affect the level of cholesterol. Because cholesterol is only in animal foods. Meat, high-fat dairy products and eggs are the main sources. The saturated fatty acids play an inglorious role, because they leave the cholesterol and the “bad” LDL cholesterol to rise. Therefore, you should eat a maximum of three times per week of meat or sausage and pastries, Chips or crackers that are made with hydrogenated fats.
- More about cholesterol, click here
These foods are cholesterol deposits encourage the blood vessels:
- Butter: 20 grams for Breakfast to cover the daily allowed amount of saturated fatty acids. Similar is true for cream or sour cream.
- Cheese: the higher the fat content, the more risky. Only the Käsetyp “Harz” is free of saturated fatty acids.
- Pork: generally rich in fat and therefore rich in saturated fatty acids. Do not eat more than two or three times the meat or sausage per week.
- Offal: liver and kidney are rich in cholesterol.
- Crustaceans, shellfish: seafood contain a lot of cholesterol, but are “skinny”.
- (Formerly) egg: contain lots of cholesterol, but little fat. And above all: eggs do not raise cholesterol levels.
Rice with red grain, red-skin, is a specialty for the gourmet cuisine, without any medical effect. If red rice (Red Rice) as a cholesterol-lowering drug is called, is of red fermented rice or red yeast rice. He plays in the Traditional Chinese medicine is an important role and is available as a dietary Supplement. The active ingredient is Monakolin K is the same as that in the cholesterol-lowering drug Lovastin, the first for the regulation of lipid metabolism in the approved Statin (1989). Red Rice, therefore, has probably the same effect, but also have similar side – effects and interactions such as statins. However, there is a dietary Supplement not standardized active-substance content and, above all, no medical check-up. The Federal Institute for drugs and medical devices (BfArM) warns of unabwägbaren risks.
These foods protect the vessels:
- Apples & Pears: The fiber pectin acts as a cholesterol-lowering drug. Generally speaking, fiber in fruit and vegetables are important vascular protectors. Tie in the digestion of cholesterol, and thus, the body absorbs less fats in the blood.
- Oatmeal: contains The plant compound beta-Glucan lowers harmful LDL-cholesterol.
- Legumes: saponins bind to cholesterol, most chickpeas.
- Ginger: gingerols transform cholesterol into bile acid to two grams daily will suffice.
- Garlic: The Würzgemüse to existing Plaques in the arteries can reduce. Sure is, that Allinin in garlic, onions and leeks reduces the LDL cholesterol.
- Nuts: a Daily handful of walnuts or almonds reduces blood fat levels. They prevent the absorption of cholesterol. The nut-variety plays no role. The cores may be coated with salt, caramel, or chocolate.
- Vegetable oils: they are mainly made up of unsaturated fatty acids (except palm oil) and reduce the level of cholesterol. Especially rapeseed oil has an optimal ratio of polyunsaturated fatty acids.
- ChocolateWith 85% cocoa content chocolate for the cholesterol-lowering drug and boosts the “good” HDL percentage in the total cholesterol.
- Fish: Oily fish from the sea (salmon, mackerel, herring) rich in Omega-3 fatty acids. These reduce triglycerides.
- Soy: Plant sterols lower cholesterol. Daily 0,75 Liter of soy milk to reduce to five percent.
- Tomatoes: The plant compound lycopene prevents cholesterol to the vessel wall, pinned.